Oferta de Tecnologia
Human cardiac myocyte platform for drug discovery and drug toxicity
This technology provides straightforward access to human cardiac myocytes and easy platform for drug testing and screening of pharmaceutical agents. This circumvents problems of aberrant and inaccurate evaluation of drug toxicity in current industry practice and bottleneck in drug discovery. Human cardiac myocytes produced have been independently tested to show verifiable characteristics of cardiac biology and drug response performance synonymous to human heart in multiple laboratories.
The technology consists of processes to produce readily available human cardiac myocytes and easy testing platform for drug toxicity and drug discovery for clinically prescribed drugs or experimental pharmaceuticals. Our human cardiac myocytes respond to all four classes of anti-arrhythmics and provide readouts conforming to plasma therapeutic range of the tested drugs.
This proposed technology provides a rapid inroad into drug toxicity testing and drug discovery space by leveraging on cost-effective human cardiac myocyte production technology supported by US FDA compliant (HESI CiPA initiatives*) bench-top evaluation platform.
The Singapore healthcare group is seeking to partner:
- R&D institutions and universities interested in further develop this technology via research cooperation agreement
- SMEs and MNEs interested in license agreement (the partner will incorporate the technology into their products) or joint venture agreement (possible legal entity set up with equity stakes from both parties to develop new products for both the EU and Asia markets)
The complete chain of drug testing and screening platform is made available to partners who prefer a turnkey solution in drug safety and evaluation.
CiPA - Comprehensive in Vitro Proarrhythmia Assay
HESI - Health and Environmental Sciences Institute
Innovative Aspects and Main offer advantages
The complete chain of drug testing and screening platform is made available to partners who prefer turnkey solution in drug safety and evaluation.
The technology offers human cardiac myocytes for drug toxicity and safety screening that complements the HESI/FDA CiPA initiatives of using human heart cells for drug safety evaluation in a cost-effective way that is supported by a compliant result readouts platform. In order to benefit from the potential of human cardiac myocytes for molecular, structural and functional research, a highly efficient, cost effective and clinically compliant method, which is easily reproducible, is desirable.
Industrial Property Rights
Industrial Property Rights comments
Joint Venture Agreement
Specific area of activity of the partner
- commercialize the technology via licensing to introduce new products to the market (SMEs and MNEs) or
- to further develop this technology via research cooperation agreement (R&D institutions and universities) or
- establish a joint-venture to meet the demand-driven needs of the addressable market (SMEs and MNEs).
Specific area of activities of the partner includes, but not limited to:
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Medical devices
Task to be performed